Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Vegetarian Chili Cheese Dip

My Mom makes this dip when we watch movies.


The first time I made it was in college, my roommate put together a little holiday pot-luck get together at out apartment. But I still had one paper to do before finals were over, and being me I had stayed up the whole night before working on it and was still working on it thru the party- until midnight when it was due. My Mom told me to make this because it is so easy but everyone loves it.


It is incredibly good. Dangerously good. I can only make a half batch about twice a year because I will eat every last bite.






Simple Vegetarian Chili Cheese Dip


8oz Cream Cheese

15oz can Vegetarian Chili

8oz or 2 cups shredded Cheddar, Co-jack, Cheddar-jack (Basically, whatever cheese sounds good to you)


For Serving:

Tortilla Chips

Shredded lettuce (optional)



Spread cream cheese in an even layer across the bottom of pie or square casserole dish


Layer chili over the top


Sprinkle cheese evenly over the chili


Bake at 350ยบ for approx 25min, until cheese is melted and chili is bubbling underneath





Serve with chips. I also like to eat it with shredded lettuce. Because I'm really into health food like that.



1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, this looks awesome. Dangerous, but awesome.

    ReplyDelete